Sunday 18 September 2011

Pool Party

On Saturday afternoon Erin and Del, who are from Ottawa and I met at my training in Ottawa in June,  invited all the CUSO-VSO volunteers to their place for an afternoon pool party.  They have a very nice pool - in the shade! - and covered game/party area. Their apartment is very nice and conveniently located on the ground floor, a few steps from the pool.  See Erin's blog:  www.erininxamayca.blogspot.com

There was a good attendance and I met some volunteers for the first time. Everyone brought something to share, drinks and snacks.  A good time was had by all.  

Interestingly, though I walk everywhere and am getting quite used to it, I don't usually walk at 1 pm.  Even though they are only 20 minutes from my place, that 20 minute walk in the blazing sun was about as much as I wanted.  Something about "mad dogs and Englishmen out in the noon day sun . . . ."


Thank you to Erin and Del!


Del is a teacher and has a hobby of being a DJ. He brought his equipment with him and treated us to an afternoon of music.  That is Onyka, Helen and Carol is serious conversation in the background. 

More serious conversation!

Many of us have cooled off in the pool. Very nice patio area.

Daughter of one of the volunteers (have left names off for security reasons) leaping into the deep end. She and I had lots of fun and I have promised to visit her weekly for a swim at her place, which is a 10 minute walk from home. 


No comments:

Post a Comment